Thursday, May 4, 2017

Desperate for more

Imagine waking up you look around all you see is desert sand for miles. You have nothing but the clothes on your back. Your mouth is parched you are desperate you know you need water. You find a note that you can find it if you keep walking. You now have a glimmer of hope. So you hike as far as you can, you will yourself one step to the next. You are weak , you start to remember the amazing times with family, the things you coulda shoulda done, things you regret, the life you have lived and wanted to live. So you keep going you find a way to push like you never have before.

My head knows what it needs my heart desires it but my heart yet does not get the complete desperation for Jesus. My head knows how much but my heart hasn't totally followed suit. Lord i believe help my unbelief.

O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
Psalms 63:1 ESV
http://bible.com/59/psa.63.1.ESV

"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
Matthew 5:6 ESV
http://bible.com/59/mat.5.6.ESV

When was the last time you were truly truly satisfied, be honest with me here. I am talking about no fear for whats next, no desire to have the next big thing, no doubt in the ones around you. If even for but a glimpse what did that feel like?

I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.
John 15:5 ESV
http://bible.com/59/jhn.15.5.ESV

We can not truly live outside if him. But yet every day I sure try to. I am getting closer than ever to my heart being awakened like it never has before. I am excited for this journey and I pray you will join me. Take a next step whatever that may be. When was the last time you truly desperately cried out to find life to experience it in a new way. When was the last time you were desperate to love others well but not by your own standards or in comparison of those around you. The only way to start quenching your thirst is to taste how good the water is. Then maybe just maybe we will have the audacity to truly share.


Please feel free to share in fact I ask that you please do whether it be on facebook or twitter. Thank you for your time. May you experience the Love of Jesus in a way that you never have regardless where you are on your walk. May he increase and we decrease.


No comments:

Post a Comment