Thursday, April 3, 2014

sometimes words arent needed


       This past week I have had the privilege to be a part of a team that will bring clean water to a village in Haiti. On the way to doing a side maintenance fix on a well ,that had not working for 1 and a half years, we stopped at a church. As I was eating my lunch I could not stop looking at the front of the church. Which usually might not be that abnormal, but this church was nothing special and if I am honest not that appeasing to the eye. I just started and let my mind be still. I knew something was brewing in my heart. I scarfed my sandwich and headed to the front of the church and just sat. I knew this is where I was created to be the church. I knew right then right there I was where I was supposed to be. I felt awkward, fearful, doubt started to creep into my mind. I had no choice but to fight it, I knew this was a special moment. I started to pray, cry out and give thanks to what had brought me to where I am now.

       Here I am in complete silence and  at times prayer, Goodebumps began to take over my body , my legs were shaking.  Someone plops right down next to me. This someone wasn't a stranger but a friend. We have had many differences and in many ways the friendship has subsided(this is not the Point, or in any way to draw I away from how great they are).There I was sitting and there they were sitting not saying a word. Complete silence had filled up my section. All I knew was this world needs "the Church" and they knew it also.

  They knew my desires, my passions, my longings my shortcomings they knew my heart. So they sat. They sat despite the differences, the unsaid, the sands, the pain the hurt and the shortcomings. They decided they would just be. As if to say I know and I'm here. As if to say No one else gets it right now but I do. They took a step and in that step they showed a love I had never experienced before. The thing is they didn't needed to say anything. Their presence was enough. Their willingness to hear my passions and know my desires was enough. Their willingness to set anything else aside and just be present was enough. To be present means she had already took the time in the past to stand with me.

      We do not always have to have the right words. In fact sometimes we do not need to say anything at all. What we need is to invest to truly know the heart. When we do this we will seize the opportunities to impact lives, and give life . They decided to take a step and it is one that will forever be in heart. Will you choose to love like this?

Jeremy

1 comment:

  1. Love this....love how you shared your heart with us. Makes me wonder where God just wants me to BE....to come alongside...to sit in silence....in love...to be "the church".......thank you Jeremy.

    ReplyDelete