Sunday, March 23, 2014

love: a feeling just isn't good enough

Growing up I wanted nothing more than to find this fairy tale love. A love that continues to deepen and grow. A feeling that would continue to deepen and carry me through their difficult times.  I knew there was tough times but in my mind this love I was looking for would make all that worth it. I now know I was searching for the wrong thing, what I was looking for wasnt love. See love is far more than a feeling, in fact I am not even sure I believe love is ever a feeling. Because what Happens when you don't feel it? Even the thought of love is selfless, unselfish abs holds pure motives. The thought of it being a feeling in itself is selfish. We somehow make it about how I feel how I respond to you. There are attractions and longings that direct us to others. What do we do when it must move beyond that?  What do we do when we are in a friendship or marriage that is struggling to get past outer she'll or three deeper layer we cannot quite peel back. What do I do when I do not feel like it or do not desire to put more into it?

       Love is not a feeling so what is it? How do we deepen it? How can we begin to understand? I myself cannot fully answer that question.  But I know we must do. I know when we don't feel like it is thee most important time to labor and step into it. Why?  Because it is in those times we start to learn how to shatter our selfish hearts and let them be rebulit and live outside of me. I used to think I wanted the feeling to grow now I long for my understating of love to grow. I long for as I do grows into a understanding, that these things are necessities to my relationships And to my marriage.  It  is in the doing that gives those things life and where I ultimately will experience true joy. The only way we get to truly step into real love is by acting on it and doing over and over and over again .  Especially when it is beyond our understanding and comprehension does it become importjant to grind it out. As our understanding grows so does our desire to serve and live for them. So does the freedom to live, laugh and play. The biggest freedom we will ever experience in love is one that is not orchestrated and directed by what I "feel" .  As we step into it before long you look around and realize you are in a whole different level that you have ever experienced. We must be creative, intentional and purposeful in the relationships we are in . It will not be easy to know what "doing" looks like but we have no real other choice, because until we are truly willing to do we cannot truly love. Take a step into their journey daily one step at a time redefine what love truly is.

Would love to have you share n you heart and burden by passing it on a re tweet or a share. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment