Monday, November 28, 2011

Love is obedience

    Many of us have pondered what it looks like to passionately love Jesus. We have questioned how is it possible to, "Love the Lord with all our heart, soul and mind." or if that is even possible? What does a life that loves Jesus look like? Simply put obedience. Some of you are thinking surely it cannot be that simple. I am saying what if it is? No, I am saying it is that simple. God calls us to obedience. John 14:15 says, "If you love me, you will obey what I command." (N.I.V) So where do we start? John 1:1 says "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."(N.I.V.) Is there a better place to start then the Word of God? We must start being intentional about knowing and educating ourselves on what God calls us to. Proverbs says "My son do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart." Knowledge is power. Paul, in 2nd Timothy 3:16-17 says "All scripture is God breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness. So that the man of God may be equipped for every good work." If we are obedient to what the "Word of God" calls us to, do we need anything else? I am not saying we will live perfect lives, God knows I do not, we will screw up, and we will fall flat on our faces in disobedience. The only thing we can do then is repent and ask for forgiveness. We must move on and march forward. What if it is that simple? I know it will not be easy. What if we were intentional every single day that the Lord has blessed us with to be radically obedient? What if we strive for perfection? I know we will fall short, but along the way we will become great. Will you Love your Jesus?

No comments:

Post a Comment